Garmaine Staff asked 3 years ago

I need to fasten standard 15mm water pipes to a division wall in my house (built in UK in the 1970's). Some clips are already in place, but I need to add more (I am talking about clips like this:

I am only familiar with brick, cement-plastered walls, so please bear with my newbieness:

  1. What kind of wall and plastering do I have? See the pics of a hole in a wall on the same floor:

  1. What kind of screws (material, size, shape, gauge) do you recommend?

  2. Should I use plugs (anchors)? I unmounted one of the existing clips and the screw seems to have none.

Any further advice on what I should/shouldn't do, or anything else, is welcome.