Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

I'm about to connect my new faucet supply lines to my new sharkbite valves. The valves came with these copper rings and I am wondering what they are and should I leave them in when connecting the supply lines.

Also, do I need to use plumber's tape for this connection?

Valve insert / ring on left